- main issues and hurdles concerning substantiation and use of "reduction of disease risk" claims on food and drinks
- level of awareness about legal obligations with regard to "reduction of disease risk" claims on food and drinks among the relevant stakeholders
We will also study the impact of nutrition and health claims legislation specific to "reduction of disease risk" claims on food and drinks on the claim substantiation process, health research and/or innovation in the food chain and nutrition economic models to determine health impact.
- development of an evidence base of the process by which health and nutrition claims are made and controlled by regulatory frameworks
- effectiveness of their control by regulation
- establishment of recommendations for government, industry and the scientific community
|© Copyright rediclaim, 2015 This project has received funding from the European Union's Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration (Contract n° FP7-603036)|